Jul 6, 2011

Sunny Saturday // Pizzeria Libretto

My friends and I headed out to the Distillery District this past sunny Saturday. I've been anticipating the Food Truck Eats event for a couple of weeks now. Good thing I ate a bit of food before I left the house, because the line up for one food vendor was 1-2 hours!! RIDICULOUS. I don't know if it was the combination of the Jazz Festival or if it was the ton of foodies out in full force ready to nom. After walking around for fifteen minutes with my starving friends, we decided it was NOT worth the wait in the blazing sun and left to eat at Pizzeria Libretto, a recommendation by Amanda and Jeff. Boy was it a good call.


According to their website, Pizzeria Libretto serves "Real Neapolitan Pizza", using the fresh, local, and natural ingredients. Pizzas are cooked in a 3rd generation, 900 degree wood burning oven, hand-made and imported from Naples, Italy. Sounds legit eh? 

T
hey have a regular Lunch Prix Fixe menu, an amazing deal, $15 for a three course meal! Julian and I shared this one since we weren't that hungry. We started off with bruschetta: one vegetable, two meats. The vegetable bruschetta was good, the bread was toasted with a creamy goat cheese spread topped with fresh tomatoes. The highlight of the meal I would say was the beef meat bruschetta. I haven't been blown away by bruschetta considering, well it's only bruschetta, but this one was delicious. The meat, the tomatoes, and the cheese just went so perfectly together, hmmm.

{ l-r: goat cheese bruschetta, beef bruschetta }

{ Amanda's pear and walnut arugula salad }

{ Sharon's caprese salad }

The server let us know we were able to substitute the Margherita pizza for any pizza of choice (with an extra charge of a few dollars of course). Julian and I ordered the Duck Confit, Bosc Pear and Mozzarella pizza (fancy I know). The pears were sweet, a nice contrast to the very tender shredded duck meat. The dough in the centre of the pizza was a little hard to cut and not as crispy as I would like, but it was very tasty overall.

{ Julian and I's duck confit, bosc pear and mozzarella pizza }

{ Amanda's house-made sausage, caramelized onions, mozzarella, and chili oil pizza }

{ Chris' hot peppers, tomato, house-made sausage, mozzarella pizza }

{ Jeff's salami, tomato, gorgonzola, roasted red peppers, mozzarella pizza }

{ chocolate gelato }

We finished off with a very chocolatey gelato, too bad it was slightly melted. With the substituted pizza, the meal came up to $19. Incredible value for two people!




Pizzeria Libretto
221 Ossington Ave.
(416) 532-8000
Website

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice pics!

amandaaaaaaaa said...

nooo i ordered the housemade sausage pizza!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...