Oct 3, 2011

Ra-ra-rahhh men

I haven't updated since July? That's just pure weaksauce. The weeks leading up to my European adventure was a little hectic. When I came back, I tried to squeeze the last remaining minutes of summer. Excuses, excuses I know, but now that it's getting cold, I will be hibernating at home dressed in my standard winter outfit (sweatpants and hoodies) blogging my Europe trip!

Before I left for Europe, I needed to devour as much Asian food as possible, I begged Julian to take me to eat ramen noodles at Kenzo. Kenzo is a popular Japanese ramen joint downtown. When I heard there was a Yonge and Finch location, I squeeled! That means I won't have to trek downtown to satisfy my sudden intense ramen craving on a cold winter's day *score!*

We pulled up to the tiny front parking lot (no joke). After reading reviews on my Urbanspoon and Yelp apps (yes, both, I'm crazy obsessive), I discovered this uptown location was not affiliated to the two downtown Kenzo locations. The sign looked a little different from the downtown location, but the menu was identical. It didn't matter because the ramen tasted just as good!!! Noodles were not too soft, al-dente to my liking, and they were not shy about loading up my bowl with chasiu (bbq pork), egg, sprouts, carrots, mushrooms, and grounded pork in a spicy ramen broth.






















































{ my fully loaded King of Kings ramen }























{ tonkotsu ramen: chasiu and egg in a pork bone soup }


{ gyoza dumplings with a chili vinegar dipping sauce }


There was poor ventilation in there for a muggy August day. I was sweating buckets while slurping on my yummy noodles. It didn't matter because it was SO GOOOOOD.


Kenzo Ramen
6180 Yonge St.
Toronto, ON
(416) 229-4526

2 comments:

emily said...

dude!! one of my bestest friends parents' own a kenzo downtown! bloor and spadina i think? i love it too!!!

amandaaaaaaaa said...

mmm!! so yummy.. there was only two old ladies in the kitchen and one waitress waiting on all tables.. poor girl!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...