Mar 1, 2011

Sunday Brunch at School Bakery & Café

After a night of bad singing and rapping (I went karaoking), I definitely needed a fatty breakfast to cure my small hangover. Julian and I decided venture out to Liberty Village for brunch at School and a little shopping on Queen West West. A friend brought us to this place back in the fall and I must say I'm still in love. 

The theme to the whole restaurant is school. I enjoyed every little detail the owner injected into this place. Everything from the menu printed on line paper clipped to a clipboard, drinking out of science beakers, to receiving your bill in a report card envelope. Even the washroom resembled a grimy gym change room equipped with lockers and dirty sneakers. I live on the east end, so there's not many places like this.




While waiting at the table, we watched the kitchen line pump out brunch orders. The gigantic french toast caught Julian's eyes. They have baked goodies up in the front as well.

I love a good benedict the morning after a night out, I ordered the Spiced Benny on Cheddar Chive Biscuit ($14). After reading the menu, Julian decided on the Super Cheesy French Toast ($14). He also ordered a Peanut Butter and Banana smoothie ($6), seemed strange/a little gross for a drink, but I was curious to try it. IT WAS DELICIOUS. The sweet bananas was complemented with a hint of peanut butter, so heavenly. For all those peanut butter lovers, you will enjoy this.





The benny was served in a cast iron skillet. The chive biscuit is a nice change from the regular english muffin. The home fries were well seasoned and cooked perfectly. I didn't need to drench them in ketchup to compensate for its dryness!




Good thing the Super Cheesy French Toast came with a side of greens because this dish was very heavy. Julian poured too much maple syrup, so it was a little too sweet for my liking, but I did like the contrast to the salty bacon and cheese. Of course he ate the whole thing and I wanted to finish my benny as well! =_=


{ so cute! }




Since it's a little bit of trek, I'll be back in a few months...!




School of Bakery & Café
70 Fraser Ave.
Toronto, ON
(416) 588-0005

2 comments:

Unknown said...

delicious! thank you lestor!

Yen said...

i love your pics! they're so professional! yay antina!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...