Mar 14, 2011

Elle Canada Turns 10

Elle Canada magazine celebrated its 10th anniversary at Urban Amish Furniture this past week. I'm just going to put out there, the only reason I attend fashion parties is to get my hands on the awesome swag bags (S.W.A.G. = stuff we all get --Michael Scott, Dunder Mifflin). Other than that, the parties are usually boring and there is always a lack of food. I really think fashion girls don't eat! To my surprise, this party was pretty fun!

A couple of my co-workers arrived a little early just because we heard the party was at capacity. As soon as we arrived, we were snatched up by the girls of Bourjois to get our makeup done. Thank goodness, I needed this to "somewhat" fit in (my face was sans makeup). A few local television hosts/celebrities were present. I heard Jesse Palmer (former NFL quarterback and Bachelor star) was at the party, but I didn't spot him through the crowd of VERY tall people! 

The venue was decorated beautifully, it was pink and sparkly and it was open bar *yes!*. In addition to beer and wine, they served two signature drinks: the cocktELLE and Ginger Red. I had the cocktELLE, anything with tequila floats my boat =9. Side note, please bear with me on my less than stellar pictures, I used my iPhone 4 throughout the night...


{ Pandora booth to make your own charm bracelets }

This fashion party ACTUALLY had food throughout the night *gasp*. They served three types of rice dishes at the food station: tandoori chicken, thai green curry seafood and beef. I'm a pig, so I ate three dishes. In my defence, three tiny dishes equaled to one bowl of rice! My favourite was the thai green curry seafood, there were large pieces of shrimp and scallops!



A handful of apps were passed around, my favourite was the mini grilled cheese and apple sandwiches. The apple slices gave a nice spin to the regular grilled cheese. I liked how it balanced out the heaviness. I'm definitely going to re-create this at home one day. *nom*

{ neat shrimp station }

{ mini elle cupcakes }





In the end, I did manage to snatch up a sweet swag bag and I left with my belly full, so I'm a happy camper!



3 comments:

jeffshum said...

dibs on the sauza hat

amandaaaaaaaa said...

awesome SWAG!!

Unknown said...

make me the grilled cheese with apple slices please. thanks!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...