May 16, 2011

San Francisco // Fisherman's Wharf

Some say Fisherman's Wharf is a tourist trap, but I say it's a tourist trap with amazingly fresh food! Julian and I made a several trips down to the Wharf during our visit. My friend Diahanna suggested a bunch of places to eat, but she stressed we HAD to eat at In-N-Out Burger. Julian who is a burger connoisseur, loved it. It tasted like a healthy burger! Too bad we didn't get our meals "animal-style", that would've been interesting.


I recommend any of the food vendors, fresh seafood is sold left, right, and centre. I bought a whole crab (slightly over 1lb, $20) and ate it myself. The shell was so soft, nothing like what I had before. I had no problem breaking the shell my with teeth. Julian had fried calamari, it was ok, no fresh crab though.

Of course we sunk our teeth in the world famous Boudin Sourdough and Clam Chowder bowl. I had to fight with Julian for the remaining bit of the soup bowl because it was that good!

{ cute sourdough crabs }


I wish I made a trip to the Ferry Building. Diahanna said it would've easily been my favourite food destination. I also didn't have any fresh oysters while I was out there either *still kicking myself*. I guess this gives me another excuse to go back! ^_^. From the words of my wise foodie friend, DO NOT EAT AT THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY. I know their cheesecakes are extremely delicious and the restaurant is conveniently located in Macy's, but SF has too much amazing food to offer. Resist the temptation!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...